Παρασκευή, Ιουνίου 06, 2008

Firefox 3 RC 2

Firefox 3 RC2 seems like an excellent version - I am seriously tempted to make it my primary browser.

There are some things missing though....
  1. It doesn't save the friggin' window size/position! Whatever I do, when I reopen Firefox, it's full-screen every single time. Come ooooooon, it can't be that hard to have a setting or something...
  2. Firefox's smooth scrolling is cute, but Safari is much much better. Please imitate as much as possible.
  3. No auto form filling. Safari has spoiled me :)
I am fairly sure that there is (or will be) an extension to solve these problems, especially 1 and 3, but, come on, that thing with the window size is amazingly stupid to omit.

It's only fair to mention Firefox 3's speed, especially for us Mac users. In contrast, Firefox 2.x feels like carrying a whole fridge on the back. So... hurray for 3.0, but keep the good things rolling...

Δεν υπάρχουν σχόλια: